Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
I recently came across an interesting article that I believe is worth sharing and discussing. According to PwC's 2024 Emerging Technology Survey, 73% of businesses in the U.S. are reportedly using some form of artificial intelligence (AI). This is a significant statistic, indicating that AI is becoming increasingly commonplace in the business world. Generative AI products like ChatGPT are among the most preferred AI tools.

While this widespread adoption of AI is certainly good news, it also presents a challenge. Many organizations currently lack cohesive internal AI systems and regulations. Instead, they allow employees and teams to experiment with various AI products. While this approach fosters innovation, it can also lead to a mismatch of systems and processes that may not work well together.

We cannot, and should not, halt the implementation or experimentation of AI. However, we can control how AI is introduced and managed within our company. Here are some strategies to consider:

1. Develop a clear AI strategy: Before implementing any AI tool, it's crucial to have a clear strategy that aligns with our business goals. This strategy should guide the selection, implementation, and use of AI tools.
  2. Establish AI governance: We need to establish rules and regulations around the use of AI. This includes ethical guidelines, data privacy policies, and procedures for testing and validating AI systems.
  3. Invest in AI education and training: To fully harness the power of AI, we need to invest in educating and training our employees. This will ensure everyone understands how to use AI tools effectively and responsibly.
  4. Promote cross-functional collaboration: AI implementation should not be siloed within specific departments. Instead, we should promote cross-functional collaboration to ensure that AI tools are integrated seamlessly across the organization.
I encourage everyone to think about how we can apply these strategies in our work. Let's harness the power of AI to drive our business forward.

Read the article: https://www.forbes.com/sites/rhettp...-sustainable-business-growth/?sh=54a33fc1620f