Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
I recently read an intriguing article about the potential of drone deliveries in transforming the logistics industry. Despite the current challenges, the article suggests that if logistics companies can find a way to overcome these hurdles, drone deliveries could be the next big thing.

Here are some key points from the article:

1. Last-Mile Delivery: Drones are well-suited for short-range applications, making them ideal for last-mile delivery. The cost of deploying conventional vans for the last leg of shipping is high, and drones could offer a more cost-effective solution.
  2. Same-Day Delivery: Drones are small, fast, and lightweight, typically holding only one package at a time. This makes them perfect for urgent order fulfillment and same-day delivery services.
  3. Food and Grocery Delivery: The surge in food and grocery delivery services presents another potential application for cost-effective drones. Companies currently lose money paying their drivers, and drones could offer a more profitable solution.
The question now is, how long will it take for logistics companies to figure things out and overcome the current challenges?

This article provides an exciting glimpse into the future of logistics. I believe it's an important conversation for us to have as we continue to innovate and adapt to the changing landscape of our industry.

I encourage everyone to share their thoughts and ideas on how we might leverage drone technology in our operations.

Read the article: https://hackernoon.com/how-close-are-we-to-widespread-drone-deliveries