Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Ritu Thareja’s fascination for computers started while she was in school. She started writing BASIC codes and algorithms during her spare time, which led her to pursue a career in computer science.
But her road to her current position as Vice President, Software Development, Fiserv, did not start easy.
Her parents, who hail from small towns in Haryana and Rajasthan, had seen a life of financial hardships and faced societal prejudices for believing in her – a girl child.
“Despite this, they believed in my capabilities and ensured I received a good education, even if that meant selling their ‘only’ asset to pay my engineering college admission fee. Driven by their faith in me, I was determined to seek financial independence and security,” she says.
As a mathematics geek, her interest was reflected through top academic scores in subjects that involved mental math, logical reasoning, and data interpretation. After completing her BE in electrical engineering at Punjab Engineering College, Ritu joined Infosys as a mainframe programmer on banking projects and steadily managed technology teams to drive outcomes in the digital space.
Continue reading: https://yourstory.com/herstory/2021/08/women-tech-fiserv-ritu-thareja/amp

Attachments

• p0004280.m03957.women_in_science_and_tech_13aug_1628922498941.png
    p0004280.m03957.women_in_science_and_tech_13aug_1628922498941.png
    245.2 KB · Views: 20