Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Technology is core to CZI’s mission. Our technology teams harness the power of engineering to accelerate progress in science and education.
Women in Tech (WIT), one of our employee-led resource groups, brings women from across CZI’s tech teams into community together. The group’s collective goal is to support the advancement of women and non-binary people in tech — a critical effort given that these groups remain underrepresented within the technology industry.
We invited WIT members to reflect on their journeys in tech — sharing how they started their careers and are building tech now for a better future.
Get to know six trailblazing CZI women in tech below.
Jen Erickson – Technical Program Manager, Security
How It Started
I’m part of the third generation of technology workers in my family. My grandmother was a punch card operator in the ‘70s and would bring home old punch cards for me to draw on. My grandfather and my dad also worked in tech, and I vividly remember going as a kid to a product launch for Data General, one of the first minicomputer firms.
When I went to college, I didn’t know what I wanted to do. I dropped out after a semester to rethink my education. I started attending community college and landed an internship at Adobe via a family friend. I would commute to class each morning, work at Adobe, and then return to school for night courses, three to four days a week.
My internship became a job, and I transferred to a degree program at the University of San Francisco. I continued to work during the day and pursue my degree at night, using a generous tuition reimbursement program. I’ve been in tech ever since.
Continue reading: https://chanzuckerberg.com/blog/celebrating-women-in-tech/

Attachments

• p0009126.m08699.women_in_tech_career_tips.jpg
    p0009126.m08699.women_in_tech_career_tips.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 12