Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Let’s see what should be on your ethics for AI in the business checklist
The evolution of artificial intelligence is a perpetual stream of wonder, optimism, and terror. AI, like any other technology, may be utilized for good or harm. The same algorithm may be used to enhance healthcare as well as create false news videos. Based on how it is employed, today’s AI may be both a huge advantage to society and a threat to democracy.
The tough thing with machine learning is that it may go horribly wrong even if the designers have the best of intentions and want to do well.
Chatbots that become racist, for example, or image recognition algorithms that are trained on non-representative data - none of it was intended to harm anyone, but they did.
Today, corporate trust is at an all-time low. Unintentional repercussions of technology are a danger that might result in public shame and controversies. This can jeopardize people’s privacy, health, or lives, as well as harm a company’s brand and shareholder profit.
Taking a strong stance has the potential to set one’s firm apart from the competitors and increase client satisfaction.
The following are key characteristics and ethics that AI systems must satisfy in order to be considered trustworthy:
Continue reading: https://www.analyticsinsight.net/what-ethics-should-ai-application-have-in-businesses/

Attachments

• p0007341.m06989.business_ethics_in_artificial_intelligence.jpg
    p0007341.m06989.business_ethics_in_artificial_intelligence.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: Brianna White

Joseph Harisson

Feb 28, 2023
Hi Brianna. Thanks for the article. And I would like to share my thoughts on that. In my opinion, there are several key ethics that AI applications in businesses should follow:

1. Transparency: AI systems should be transparent in their operations and decision-making processes. This means that businesses using AI should be open about the data and algorithms that are being used, and provide clear explanations of how decisions are made.
  2. Fairness and Bias Mitigation: AI systems should be designed to avoid discrimination and ensure fairness in decision-making. Businesses should ensure that their AI applications are not biased against any group of people and actively work to mitigate any unintended biases.
  3. Privacy and Security: AI applications should be designed with the highest standards of privacy and security in mind. Businesses must protect personal data and ensure that it is not misused, sold or used for unintended purposes.
  4. Human Oversight and Responsibility: AI applications should be designed with human oversight and accountability in mind. Businesses should ensure that AI applications are not solely responsible for important decisions, and human decision-makers should be involved in the decision-making process.
  5. Social Responsibility: AI applications should be designed to benefit society and promote the common good. Businesses should ensure that their AI applications are not harmful or disruptive to society, and that they align with ethical values and social norms.

Reactions: Sam Ross and Kevin

Estelle Johannes

Senior Director, Member Communities
Staff member
Hi Brianna. Thanks for the article. And I would like to share my thoughts on that. In my opinion, there are several key ethics that AI applications in businesses should follow:

1. Transparency: AI systems should be transparent in their operations and decision-making processes. This means that businesses using AI should be open about the data and algorithms that are being used, and provide clear explanations of how decisions are made.
  2. Fairness and Bias Mitigation: AI systems should be designed to avoid discrimination and ensure fairness in decision-making. Businesses should ensure that their AI applications are not biased against any group of people and actively work to mitigate any unintended biases.
  3. Privacy and Security: AI applications should be designed with the highest standards of privacy and security in mind. Businesses must protect personal data and ensure that it is not misused, sold or used for unintended purposes.
  4. Human Oversight and Responsibility: AI applications should be designed with human oversight and accountability in mind. Businesses should ensure that AI applications are not solely responsible for important decisions, and human decision-makers should be involved in the decision-making process.
  5. Social Responsibility: AI applications should be designed to benefit society and promote the common good. Businesses should ensure that their AI applications are not harmful or disruptive to society, and that they align with ethical values and social norms.
Thank you, Joseph - very interesting input that I think should be shared and practised.

Reactions: Kevin