Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Our Woman in Tech this week is Padmini Gopalakrishnan, Senior Director, FPGA Implementation Software and AI products at AMD India. She leads a team of over 90 engineers who work on software tools that help customers take designs from a high-level description and implement them on adaptable devices. Growing up, Padmini Gopalakrishnan lived in Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Kolkata, and Saharanpur. The Senior Director, FPGA Implementation Software and AI products at AMD India leads a team in Hyderabad, working on logic synthesis, placement and routing and device modelling among other tasks, crucial in the design of the company’s FPGA Software and Tools.
To Padmini, a stable and conducive environment at home was encouraging for both her sister and herself. It enabled them to be curious and detail-oriented, she says.
“My father was an engineer, my mother is a scientist who later pursued a PhD in management. My father and maternal grandfather were also good at repairing and building things, so from a very young age, I always thought this was a very cool thing to do,” she tells HerStory.
Padmini recalls getting a home computer at the age of 10, an 8-bit Commodore 64, on which she learnt to type, played games and wrote programs in Basic. Continue reading: https://yourstory.com/herstory/2022/10/woman-tech-software-ai-products-amd-india

Attachments

• p0009302.m08865.padmini.jpg
    p0009302.m08865.padmini.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Brianna White