Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Women are heavily underrepresented in emerging professions and this is certainly true of the AI industry. And across all areas: recent estimates suggest that women make up just 22% of professionals in AI, authored less than 14% of AI papers and just 18% of leading AI conferences.  
That is why it is so important to celebrate the contribution of women to the technology industry, and particularly in particularly unrepresented areas like AI, on Ada Lovelace Day.  
I am not just an advocate for diverse workforces. I put my money where my mouth is. At Artificial Solutions, we are committed to improving diversity and equity throughout our organization. We have achieved a ratio of 38% women in managerial positions. However, our target stands at achieving a 50/50 ratio at the earliest opportunity, and we continue to push for diversity at all levels, across departments and functions, by valuing equity, diversity, and integrity. 
But we cannot rely on the commitment of individual companies to close this gap. We need to come together as allies to look at this problem and identify what we can do to close the gap, which is why we have brought together a number of senior female leaders in AI from Artificial Solutions’ AI Allies network to share their perspectives for Ada Lovelace Day. 
Continue reading: https://www.fenews.co.uk/exclusive/raise-up-why-we-must-celebrate-women-in-ai/

Attachments

• p0009245.m08811.copy_of_marie_fe_news_exclusive.jpg
    p0009245.m08811.copy_of_marie_fe_news_exclusive.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 11