Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
I’ve been writing about Web3 – a term broadly used to describe the next phase of the internet – exclusively for over a year now, and one thing I’ve noticed is the emergence of empty buzzwords to describe vague concepts. But one of those buzzwords – “community” – is central to the mission of builders and investors in the space. Even when my screen-induced dopamine reservoirs evaporate, I still believe in the Web3 community, vibes and all.
This is a good thing because as a journalist I am decidedly now a part of the Web3 community. Some may poke fun at our frequent use of Twitter Spaces and proclivity for shorthand slang – “gm” is a catchall greeting you’ll likely see splattered across crypto Twitter at any given time. But beneath the Ape profile pictures and fast-paced hype cycles is a collective of people all contributing to the formation of a decentralized, blockchain-driven future.
Along my Web3 journey I’ve met interesting people, gained relevant career skills and fostered meaningful professional relationships. As the development of Web3 continues to expand, so too have the ways in which people can connect and form communities.
If you’re looking to find your place in the ever-evolving world of Web3, here are some ways to connect with like-minded individuals, pulling examples from my own experiences along with insight from industry professionals.
Explore social platforms
As communities continue to pop up across a fluid Web3 landscape, there are several platforms known for attracting large numbers of crypto enthusiasts.
Evolved from its early days as just a platform for short streams of consciousness, Twitter is now a popular platform for people to share news, create dialogue and find community. This is particularly true for the crypto-curious and Web3-native crowds, who have embraced functionalities like Twitter threads and Twitter Spaces to engage in dialogue with a global audience. Twitter Spaces can be especially useful for people who want to listen in on a conversation before diving in – the Clubhouse-style audio tool is a mix between an expert podcast and a multiway phone call with your peers.
Continue reading: https://www.coindesk.com/learn/how-to-find-your-community-in-web3/

Attachments

• p0009440.m08985.community_web3.jpg
    p0009440.m08985.community_web3.jpg
    129.3 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Brianna White