Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Even though Frank Pica has spent much of his career in tech-enabled marketing and advertising, he realized how difficult it is to understand consumer behavior online after looking at himself in the mirror.
"I took a look at myself, and I was like, 'Man, if I was a freaking company trying to understand my preferences from one day to the next, I'd f------ quit,' " Pica said.
But Pica didn't quit. Instead, he launched a company that uses artificial intelligence to try to gain a deeper understanding of why people do what they do online when looking at food and beverage CPG products and produce. Pica serves as CEO of Native.AI, the company he founded with Sarah Sanders, who is the startup's chief operating officer.
Native.AI uses technology known as natural language processing to try to parse the sentiment and meaning of things that consumers write about products online — on reviews, surveys and online comments. This information comes directly from consumers, meaning it's not filtered through retailers or online services, and can be extremely valuable. But by definition, it doesn't necessarily have a logical structure and requires attention to detail or sophisticated technology to make it useful.
Continue reading: https://www.fooddive.com/news/how-nativeai-is-bringing-consumer-data-closer-to-manufacturers/604977/

Attachments

• p0004310.m03987.b2f86e66ac68ba90f230e236af19a293.jpg
    p0004310.m03987.b2f86e66ac68ba90f230e236af19a293.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 20