Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Lyndsey McGonnell from Salesforce shares some tips for women keen to progress their career in tech leadership.
Succeeding in technology consulting obviously takes a lot of hard work, but I would like to offer a few top tips from my two decades in the sector as a woman with an atypical personality type. In summary, these are:
  • Tackle imposter syndrome by surrounding yourself with the right team
  • Lead authentically
  • Ensure you're comfortable with the core competencies of your role
  • Adapt your personal style when necessary
I have occasionally succumbed to imposter syndrome. This isn't entirely bad as it tends to drive you to do your best and demonstrate your value. However, as the scope of your role expands, it will inevitably encompass too many topics for any single person to claim to be a subject matter expert in all of them. No one is expecting you to be amazing at everything. Great leadership involves being honest with yourself about your strengths and weaknesses and building a team around you that compensates for your weak points whilst amplifying your strengths. It took me years to grow comfortable with letting go and fully delegating some aspects of my roles but, once I did so, this epiphany led to a step-change in my performance. 
Continue reading: https://www.computing.co.uk/sponsored/4059832/tips-women-harnessing-differences-excel

Attachments

• p0009482.m09022.crnsma21_580_358_hub_top_tips_580x358.jpg
    p0009482.m09022.crnsma21_580_358_hub_top_tips_580x358.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: Brianna White