Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Women have made great strides in business, politics, technology and science. Still, I’ve found that the assertion made by Sigmund Freud back in 1925 that “women oppose change, receive passively, and add nothing of their own” cemented a gender norm that still lingers today.
There are just 44 female CEOs leading Fortune 500 companies. That is a paltry 8.8% of some of the largest corporations in the U.S. I believe many of these women hold something in common, however. Rather than modeling their leadership after their male counterparts, they have broken the mold and harnessed what it means to be a female leader. From my perspective, women leaders engage the power of teams, have a tendency to share the credit and are driven by both a sense of purpose and achieving business results.
As a sixth-generation farmer, I always knew that I would pursue a career in agriculture. In my program in college, I was one of few women and quickly learned that being a woman, especially at that time, means you need to be twice, if not three times, as good. Below are some important lessons in leadership that I have learned along the way that can help you stay true to yourself while working hard.
Share where you came from.
Too often, successful female entrepreneurs and business leaders neglect to share the story of their beginnings. What does it mean to “share your story?” Very few will care about the name of your dog, what you ate for breakfast or your plans to play Pickleball this weekend. They do want to hear, however, about how you got to where you are in your career, what has inspired you, lessons learned and hardships overcame.
Continue reading: https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbesbusinesscouncil/2022/10/28/four-things-every-woman-in-leadership-needs-to-know/?sh=2d6105f25918

Attachments

• p0009402.m08954.960x0_2022_11_01t093847_977.jpg
    p0009402.m08954.960x0_2022_11_01t093847_977.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: Brianna White