Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
The amount of women in the tech space are few and far between and it is the responsibility of the industry to prove that there is indeed a place for them. Clare Hickie, Chief Technical Officer for EMEA at Workday, explains how the technology industry can implement more effective DE&I strategies that drive real progress to close the gap.
Diversity in the workplace has improved in the past decade, with female representation largely on a forward trajectory. However, women have undoubtedly faced challenges in the workplace including glass ceilings and even glass cliffs. But, as progress is made towards Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) goals and more employees from Generation-X enter the workforce, many are shining a light for the next generation of women in tech to follow.  
There are reasons to be encouraged about the future of women in the industry. A study by McKinsey in 2020 found that companies in the top quartile for gender diversity on executive teams were 25% more likely to have above-average profitability than companies in the fourth quartile.
Anecdotally, many female leaders talk about having had to work twice as hard as their male counterparts just to get on a level playing field. I know from personal experience not only how dedicated women are, but how committed we are to achieving success.
Progress slowed by the pandemic
According to Deloitte, in 2022 the tech industry will close the gender pay gap by 2% on 2019’s figure, reaching 33% of female representation in the workforce by 2023. Even though this figure may seem low, it represents a significant stride forward when you take into consideration that the pandemic seriously damaged female employment rates. 
Continue reading: https://www.intelligentcio.com/eu/2022/09/27/breaking-the-bias-barrier-in-tech/#

Attachments

• p0009118.m08693.breaking_bias.jpg
    p0009118.m08693.breaking_bias.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: Brianna White