K

Kathleen Martin

The possibilities with Artificial intelligence (AI) keep shooting past the ceiling as Dr. Kai-Fu Lee posits it will change the world more than anything in the history of mankind, even electricity. AI focuses on the ability of a computer or a robot controlled by a computer to do tasks that humans usually do because they require human intelligence and discernment. Whereas, an IoT ecosystem consists of web-enabled smart devices that use embedded systems, such as processors, sensors, and communication hardware, to collect, send and act on data they acquire from their environments. Imagine what the fusion of both technologies will make possible about life enhancement, multiplied options, and superior intelligence.
It is about mid-year 2022, as I mused over the first half of a thoroughly demanding year when it suddenly dawned on me that I needed to prepare for a full tech blast soon filled with knowledge. Alas! It is here with us as Oyinade powers on to optimized capacity in one click of a button or from a 100-meter range voice activation. This is the beauty of my smart fully-furnished home with the extra luxury buffer from IoT and AI. Within her is a myriad of other smart gadgets and smart spaces, all of which deliver for me smart experiences that add color and fun to life.
My waking moments begin at Yeside, the fond friend that welcomes me every morning in a warm embrace driven by the so many unique features she brings along to manage my excesses efficiently. These days, I realize that hours go unnoticed anytime I am in her company, especially with my smartphone due to myriads of missed messages and social media engagements. She is AI-enabled and knows all my family members, a few of my friends on Facebook and Twitter, and helps to reply to some of their chats and tweets. You may wonder how all of these becomes possible in only ten years of continuous improvement in technology.
Moreover, the need for hygiene requirements heightens my need for better cleaning and disinfecting, as prolonged usage occurs, as I do with Yeside. She is connected to a self-managed cleaning system that ensures complete disinfection alongside notifications on the need for supplies replenishment. She notifies my home manager, Sola (a hubot), if and when there is a faulty knob, leaking tap, or even broken mirror within her space. Yeside does a great job at maintaining best hygiene practices for me, as she discusses topics that are of interest to me and my hygiene. How amazing that she welcomes me with a smile on a first-name basis and a “see you soon” or an “I’d miss you Femi, have a great day” as I walk out through her door. This happens on some of my mornings as I get a different experience in the afternoons and evenings when I need to be in her company. What a barrage of possibilities Yeside brings to the table to give more meaning to my existence as my smart restroom internet of space (IoS) ally. Our paths crossed only two months ago, and she knows so much already about me like lifetime friends.
Continue reading: https://www.thecable.ng/ai-and-iots-a-haven-of-possibilities

Attachments

• p0008096.m07730.tech_time.png
    p0008096.m07730.tech_time.png
    171.2 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Kathleen Martin