Brianna White

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 30, 2019
Zamokuhle Aja-Okorie‘s unique experience is influenced by German nuns who taught her to be a bold individual. Now, she is a South African impact entrepreneur, who owns OAO Investments, a novel entrepreneurial company driven by a Pan-African vision and an intrinsic commitment.
In this edition of Technext’s series on women in tech, we spoke to Zamokhule Aja-Okorie, and her plans for the future. 
The Beginning
Aja-Okorie had her primary education under the disciplined watch of German Nuns in South Africa. After her stint with the Nuns, she attended Parktown High School For Girls, where she was placed on the front line of leadership and they reinforced that there is enormous potential and power in being a girl. 
Aja-Okorie continued to the University of Pretoria and studied for a BA in Psychology. After getting her first degree, she went on to pursue her dream of touring the world and getting paid for it; as a flight attendant.
I became a flight attendant for three years to tick off my childhood dream of seeing the world and getting paid to do that. If I were in my 20s in these times I would have probably been a travel influencer. After I had done it for three years, I realized the lifestyle isn’t very suited to me, so I moved from South African Airways to working in Hospitality, Marketing and PR, Infrastructure, Technology, Healthcare, Investor Relations, Chemicals and Mining.
Finding purpose through Tech
The very evolution of humankind is dominated by technological leaps which has changed the face of the modern world. As a result of these leaps I had no choice in getting into technology but was automatically placed in it like most people.
Continue reading: https://technext.ng/2022/06/13/i-felt-strangled-and-knew-i-couldnt-continue-how-zamokhule-aja-okorie-found-purpose-through-tech/

Attachments

• p0008285.m07911.zamokhule_aja_okorie_managing_director_oao_investment.png
    p0008285.m07911.zamokhule_aja_okorie_managing_director_oao_investment.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: Brianna White